Tuesday 12 April 2011

New seeds on the ground


Pictured above, my lovely, growing bunch of rocket.

BUT - is such a bunch enough if you love rocket as much as I do?  Not a chance in hell!

I've been accumulating empty plastic bottles over last few weeks.  It reached a stage when I couldn't get out of my bed without kicking at least one.  Well, recycling your garbage means you have a lot of garbage lying around the house until you get to use it.  Unless you're a really tidy, organised person.  Which I'm not. 

So today was the big day when I finally decided to catch up on pot-making.  It's a bit like an assembly line once you start, cut, cut, cut, wash, wash, wash, pierce, fill, and finally SOW.

I've ended up with 12 new pots, made of bottles, juice and milk cartons and even one trifle pot.  Watch how green I am! (Laughs)  I'm not taking being green that seriously, but if it helps - why not? 

I didn't get any new seeds recently, so I had to double on whatever is already growing.  Added some tomato and chili pepper plants.  One extra nasturtium pot - I love the fact that you can eat the plant whole.  And it grows like crazy!  Plus two of my gardening stars (so far) - lovely, lovely rocket and radishes.  The more, the better. 

Now it's few days of impatient waiting ahead, before the first green shoots start coming out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment