Saturday 28 May 2011

Strawberries are doing fine

strawberries

Remember the most cosmopolitan strawberries in the world from few posts back?

They looked rather sad on the picture then, all dry and tired by the journey.

Here's little update to prove they are doing great.

So far I saw only two flowers between four plants, but it's still early in the year and I'm confident I'll see more.

Anyway I'm really proud of them because they've been bravely surviving crappy Irish weather.

It's funny to think what a luxury wild strawberries have become.  I didn't see them on the market even once during my five years in Ireland, and I know of only one place where they grow - all on private land so I can't really go for a berry-picking trip. 

When I was a child, I would just go to a nearby forest and come back with a full basket. 

Ah well.  Now I'll have my own forest on the balcony.  Tiny, but mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment