Friday 27 May 2011

Cemetery mint


Oooh, I just love stealing plants from the wild.  I also love mint tea, and that's why the hero of today's post found its way to my garden.

I went for a trip few weeks ago, you know the type, jump into your car and drive wherever you feel like, stopping in all the places that catch your attention for any reason.

I happened to be passing some deserted village with a cemetery nearby, when I saw this huge field of wild growing mint, right next to the cemetery fence.  I wouldn't be myself if I didn't grab a bunch or two straight away.

Forget any morbid connotations, the plant grows like insane!  It's already twice the size of that on the picture.  And incidentally - forget (and forgive!) my foot stuck in there.  Simply imagine it's not there, ok? ;)

So yeah, soon I'll be enjoying fresh mint tea which is worth recommending as probably the best drink in the world.

Also, I have this tiny, personal, unofficial announcement to make - mint stolen from cemetery grows best. 

C'est la vie.

Oh, and a brand new lens, straight off the press - Armageddon that didn't happen - check it out for a laugh or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment