Thursday 24 March 2011

Welcome to my garden!



I simply couldn't wait any longer, I'm dying to introduce you to my plants.

Pictured above - nursery part of my growing space (and my trousers, too!)
Maybe doesn't look like much but believe me, if I were to take a close-up of those pots, there's something happening in each and single one of them.  Some sprouts still require magnifying glass to be seen, but THEY ARE THERE!!!

The other section of my 'garden' is more green and leafy, dwells on the balcony, and I promise to post an image of it pretty soon. 

You can see for yourself that I'm a big supporter of cut-bottle-type pots.

Oh, and there's my little trick with name tags, too.  I needed something to show me what grows where, because before leaves all those pots look the same.  I tried nail polish, but no joy, it's still not visible against black background of the soil.  You could cellotape paper tags on the containers, but since I didn't have any tape handy, I needed another plan.  I found some beach pebbles (that few months back held Christmas tree in place - nice career for a beach pebble, heh?), wrote names on them with felt tip pen and simply placed them on the soil, taking care to avoid spots where plants would actually surface.  Works great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment