Monday 13 June 2011

Tomato horror story


As promised.

Just looked at the picture - quite a difference, yes?

Funnily enough, the plant still manages to sustain growing fruit (3 altogether), but there are hardly any leaves left now and the rest of the flowers withered away. 

Now - WHY THE HELL IS THAT???

I have few suspicions, and if you happen to be a tomato expert and know which one is the most likely, please let me know.

1. Disease - the leaves got all funny before they died.  Sort of shrivelled.  Or is it some nutrient deficiency?

2. Small container.  Not enough space for the roots - could it literally kill the plant?

3. Or did it simply dry up?  I was away for one week some time ago, and the plant looked pretty miserable after my return.  I got someone to water it in my absence but... well... people are busy these days.  But nearly a month of regular care passed since and the tomato didn't recover, just the opposite.

Now it's racing the time to see if tomatoes will ripen before the plant dies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment