Saturday 11 June 2011

Brag before you fall


Hereby I'm going to take my own advice and dedicate this post solely to boasting how beatiful my tomato plant got before things turned bad. 

If you prefer horror stories to happy-ever-after, wait for the next post.  Otherwise - just look at this beauty!  It might be excessive gardener's pride, but I'm stunned by how pretty tomato flowers actually are.  I might even consider making them a part of a goddamn bouquet - if not for the yummy tomatoes I'd be losing this way.

Just to remind you - I'm being rather optimistic and irresponsible and my tomato plants are still growing in plastic bottles, cut in half.  I'm pretty sure they would love to have a bit more space.  They're threatening to go on strike...  I can hardly see any soil for the roots anymore.

Up to a certain point, it was working allright.  The plant grew and grew, green and cheerful, and finally it became covered with flowers.  My oh my, if all the flowers managed to turn into tomatoes, I would be a tomato potentate!  They were unbelievably numerous. 

Not too many bees in my place, so, like a good girl, I summoned my faithful make up brush and embarked on a tomato-shagging quest each morning.  Guess what?  Some of the flowers even turned into actual tiny tomatoes. 

Now, that's where my story turns into horror.  Or at least a good, heart-breaking drama.  If you want to know what happened (and learn to avoid my mistakes), come back tomorrow(ish).

No comments:

Post a Comment